Wednesday, March 4, 2009

OFSB Birth Quilt

Posted by: "Rachel DesRochers" rachel.desrochers@gmail.com rldesrochers
Tue Mar 3, 2009 4:29 pm (PST)

Hi All-
I am helping OFSB with a Cincinnati area fundraiser. With part of this
fundraiser to support the efforts of OFSB we are creating a Birth Quilt as a
raffle item. We will sell tickets for this- so the more you buy the better
chance you have to win! We are looking at hosting this fundraiser in early
June.
I am coming to you to ask you to take part in this amazing quilt.
For you to be part of the quilt we need:
7 x 7 (in) piece of cloth
100% cotton
no embellishments at this time
I ask you when choosing your square - choose something that means something
to you and one of your births. This will be so full of memories of a
community of strong women who have given birth, who are mothers, who are
memory makers. Also - as a community we must reach out to our neighbors -
reach out in a way of change. Ask your neighbor also for this piece of
cloth, simply by making them part of it they too are celebrating and
supporting the works and efforts of OFSB.
I need these fabric pieces by April 1st. I am around town a lot but please
feel free to stick them in the mail. I also attend the monthly Homebirth
Circle and am at the local monthly doula event.
If you would like to mail it out please let me know and I will send you my
address.
thank you in advance for your support for this amazing cause! I am proud to
say I am part of such an amazing movement, a time of change, and all of you
amazing mamas!
Thanks!
Rachel
513.227.6537
www.safebirthohio.org

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love to buy some of these quilts. They are lovely.